Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

I've heard that many times that women marry someone who is like their dad. In the beginning, I didn't think Greg was much like my dad (other than having the same name). Over the years, I have seen more and more similarities between them. They are both incredibly kind, hardworking, helpful, selfless, and have a great sense of humor. I am so grateful to my dad for demonstrating how a man should love his wife and his children. I am thankful that although he was more private and quiet in his relationship with the Lord, my dad was in church with us each Sunday, singing praises to our God right next to me. He has always lived out his faith by standing up for what is good and right and true. I have been blessed by my Heavenly Father with an incredibly earthly father. It has been so much fun to see him interact with my little girl. What a wonderful Grandpa he is... not that I had any doubts!

Seeing Greg as a dad these past 8 months has been incredible. One of the reasons I married him was because I knew he would be a great dad someday.
From the beginning, he has been gentle and loving
He has cared for her
He learned early how to multitask
Even if that meant falling asleep while putting her to sleep
He dealt with her colic like a champ!
He shares his adventures with her
He gives good hugs...
good snuggles...
and good cuddles
He's simply an incredible dad
He delights in his daughter
and she delights in him
 Happy Father's Day Greg! There is no one else I would rather be on this journey with. Alexis loves you so much. It melts my heart every evening when I see her big grin as you walk through the door, the way she gives you kisses before bed, and all the ways she interacts with you that are so different than how she is with me. Thank you for being so supportive of me and caring toward me during this time in our lives. I look forward to watching your relationship with our sweet girl grow year after year. You are such a great Dad. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment