Thursday, November 13, 2014

October in Review

Well, I have not been great at blogging. I have said it before, but wow is it difficult to find free time with little ones around! We had a busy and fun October enjoying the gorgeous fall days that the Lord continued to bless us with.
 We had a birthday party for Lexi on the morning of her actual birthday. Her close friends came over and with the great weather we were able to play in the yard most of the time!
 How cute are all of these littles? I am so thankful for all of these kiddos and their parents who are raising them to know our Lord and Savior. Alexis will have not only have close friends, but brothers and sisters in Christ!
 I don't know how often I told myself that we weren't going to spend more than $25 on a birthday gift for our girl. "She doesn't need anything big or fancy" I said. "She wouldn't even notice if we didn't get her anything at all" I said. Then we make one trip to Toys R Us and Daddy talks Mommy into a quad. Wow. She is one LUCKY girl. I justified it by telling myself that Ryder will get use out of it too and it will be perfect for the kids to ride around the campsite when we go on riding trips. After seeing the pure joy on her face while riding it, I felt a little better about spending more than $25... not a LOT better, but a little...
 The weekend following her birthday, we had a family party. Another beautiful, fall day!

 Family friends of my parents let Lexi and Macie come to their house and pick a pumpkin from their garden! I find it hilarious that the girls are choosing pumpkins in sandals and shorts! Proof of our unseasonably warm Autumn weather.
 I took the kids to a pumpkin patch with my Grandma Adams and cousin Macie. Bauman Farms is a great place just outside of Woodburn. I highly recommend it, a lot of things to do for kids of all ages.
 Alexis was in tears on the hayride, but calmed down when she realized it wasn't going to speed up anymore.
 We of course we had to bring our costumes and get dressed up with cousin Macie the day before Halloween!
 Our little monster and leopard. Although, Alexis insisted on being called a "tiger". I purchased the costumes on clearance the year before and had no clue that Lexi would be so into the show Daniel Tiger on PBS a year later. At least it resembles a tiger haha. Whenever I said, "Lexi are you a leopard?" She would reply, "No leper Mommy. I tider."

No comments:

Post a Comment