Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Attempts at Festive Decorations

I am hosting Thanksgiving this year for a group of 10. I was a little nervous at first having never baked a turkey, no television for the guys to watch football, and limited chairs around our dinner table. I managed to deal with those stressors by creating some fun center pieces and decor for the special day. I used items I already had at home and was able to come up with a few cute things.
Already had the candle and added a bow and some dried leaves.

Leftover candle from our wedding that I added a couple bows to.
Bought some bulk beans from Winco and used a small glass and then holder from our unity candle set :)
 
top view
We'll see how it all comes together. My mom is staying the night with us tomorrow night and we'll attempt to start the turkey together. Hope to get in a Thanksgiving day jog around Independence, come back and get cleaned up and get ready for the family fun! I'll be sure to post pics of the food, decor, and guests later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment