Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

We were very fortunate and thankful to spend time with LOTS of family this Thanksgiving. We hosted Thanksgiving at our home for Greg's mom and two brothers, my parents, my brother, and my sister and brother in law.

Mom and I got up at 8am Thanksgiving morning, put in the turkey and went for a cold jog around Independence. I was able to truly appreciate how nice it is having your family visit your home and experience some of the things you do every day. The rest of the morning flew by as we showered, got ready, had a small snack, and guests began to arrive.


From top left to bottom right: Kyle, Greg, and Eric staying busy with the Wii. Mom and Dad helping me with dinner. Britt and I slaving away at the stove, the group enjoying our delicious meal! Below you can see how the Thanksgiving harvest decor turned out on our dinner table and serving table.


All in all, the first Thanksgiving at our place went quite well. We had a lot of fun having our families together and appreciated all the help!

3 comments:

  1. Fun! Was this your first time hosting the family for a holiday? It looks like it was a success. The decorations look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was the first time and a lot of fun! Glad that we have such a spacious area for everyone to fit! Greg and I will have to stop by and visit you and Jeremy before Christmas rolls around.

    ReplyDelete