Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pillow Talk

Since Greg and I moved into a much smaller place out in Springfield I have struggled with decorating our new apartment for several reasons. The main reason being that I hope us living here is temporary, another being that our living room is so small we can't even fit all of our furniture in it. We have been very blessed with "hand me down" furniture to use in our home. We don't have the finances to buy a new couch so I thought that I would spice up our old one with new pillows. Greg was all for it and he even helped me pick them out. At first I thought I wanted bright and vibrant colors, but it was hard to figure out what would go with our old brown couch. Finally Greg found a combination that I thought I was happy with.



I left the tags on the pillows for about two weeks because I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit. For lack of finding anything else I decided to keep them. They match right? And I could go black, white, or brown in our living space and it would still go with the couch theme. Well, it didn't take long until I decided I absolutely needed color in my life (or on my couch).

I was at Kohls today and found three pillows on the Clearance rack... I got them ALL for a total of $19.79!




Sorry the lighting is bad in those pics, I'm too lazy to retake the pictures and upload them again. I definitely like the color better with the couch, but I feel bad for not using the other pillows we bought. Especially since my incredible husband helped pick them out and they are nice pillows. So I came up with another idea...

I really want to know what you (any of my followers) think because I am so not an interior design person and I need guidance when it comes to this sort of thing. HELP! What do you think? Stay with the original floral pillows, go with the new color/textures, or mix them together? I will not be offended by your opinions and ideas so please share :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan! I know what you mean about color, but I really like the look of the first set of pillows (black, brown, white) on the couch. Do you have a coffee table or side tables? If so maybe you could put colorful accessories on them to brighten things up. Or, maybe you could find a nice throw blanket that is a bright color and drape it over the back or an arm of the couch. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Evelyn! I like the first ones. Also, I am going to make my very first pillows once we get to Hawaii! I'm excited! So if you want to try to do that for the bedroom or something I can tell you how I did them :) But only if they turn out ;) Also, do you have curtains in that room? You could easily make no-sew curtains...just buy some fabric and make them yourself (another project I am going to do!).

    ReplyDelete