Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Week in Colton

I spent the past week in Colton while substitute teaching for my mom as a Title 1 Reading and Math teacher. My parents were visiting my sister and her husband in Virginia for the week so it was a great opportunity for me to work, spend time with my brother and my niece, and see some familiar faces back in my home town.

For those of you who don't know the Colton area (or Molalla, which is technically where I grew up) we are out in the country. My parents' long gravel driveway is lined with tall, gorgeous trees, and a gigantic field sits behind the backyard. I had forgotten just how breathtaking the early morning scenery could be while looking out the kitchen window until I was reminded...







Along with looking at beautiful sunrises, I got to look at this adorable little girl all week :)


Macie did a lot of sleeping while I was there, but she's getting much more active. She moves her arms and legs more and is starting to track you when you move. Amazing how fast they grow! Tyler and Katrina are doing a wonderful job working together to take care of their precious little girl. So glad they let me hang out for the week with them.




1 comment:

  1. Macie is so adorable, it's amazing how quickly they change!

    ReplyDelete