Saturday, June 30, 2012

Olympic Trials

Greg and I haven't seen much of one another the last couple of weeks due to me working at camps and the hotel being super busy with the Olympic Trials taking place in Eugene. I was thrilled when Greg came home with two free tickets to the trials for us to attend on Friday!


 They had some pretty cool things set up throughout the area that were all connected with the trials, and of course since Nike was a huge sponsor we picked up a few souvenirs as well.

 I couldn't pass up getting my picture in front of the double decker bus :) May be as close as I ever get to London myself.


 We were able to watch part of the Women's Heptathlon. We saw the high jump as well as the shot put. Those women were so incredibly strong and talented.

We also got to watch five heats of the Men's 200m. Unfortunately, Greg had to get to work soon after that, but it was a fun "free" afternoon. I know it wasn't a typical free outing, but it motivated me to research and discover more things for us to do in our new home. Sad that it has taken me almost an entire year to do this, but I think our little girl and I will be in need of free entertainment and outings come next spring!

1 comment: