Monday, April 1, 2013

Hittin the Dunes

It had been an entire year since Greg and I had been riding at the sand dunes. About this time last year we met his family in Florence for a day trip. Greg went riding, but I sat at camp miserable with morning sickness. Our trip to Winchester Bay a week ago was much different. We were blessed by Greg's dad and stepmom Tina who let us sleep in their trailer. Alexis didn't sleep super well, but she never does when she's in the same bed as I am. Overall it was a great time. We had sunshine and great company.
Greg, Brandon, and Alaina
Greg and Alaina taking a break
Alaina and I wearing our matching Foseune Racing shirts (FOS for Foster family who camps with us often, and EUNE for Teune). Brandon and his helmet cam decided to photo bomb us in this picture.
With my love doing what he loves
Eric, Greg, Matthew, and Brandon at the bottom of Banshee Hill. I still haven't taken that one on... maybe someday.
The men making breakfast
Uncle Brandon took Alexis on a lot of walks around the camp
I don't think he enjoys the whole "being an uncle" thing, do you?
Sitting on the quad with Grandpa
Having fun with Daddy
We walked to the beach one evening to watch the sunset
Alexis loved the beach at first... she started crying soon after we arrived and would not stop. I think the wind was too cold for her.
Grandpa tried to warm her up by wearing her in his jacket
Our last morning there, Alexis was wide awake from 4:30am-6am so Greg and I "gave up", put her in the car, and went for a drive. We went into Reedsport for much needed coffee and then watched the sunrise over the dunes.
I know that the Oregon Coast isn't beautiful in the warm and tropical sense, but something about it is always so incredibly gorgeous! Whenever my family went camping on the coast growing up, most of our time was spent on the beach. I'm still getting used to our camping trips now that involve riding on the dunes and not walking along the beach. If beach access is close enough I will always find a way to get there and see the ocean!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time! So glad the weather was nice for you!

    ReplyDelete