Monday, February 24, 2014

Recap Post #2: Back to Oregon!

After a short 8 month season in Lewiston, Idaho we were blessed with the opportunity to move back to Oregon. Originally, Greg was to work as the General Manager at The Holiday Inn Express in Lewiston for a minimum of 2 years, but when an opening came up at the HIE in Corvallis, Greg threw his name in the hat and was transferred! God works in such incredible ways and always knows the desires of our hearts, whether or not we ask him for certain things or not.
Once we were home we celebrated Christmas with my side of the family. Macie and Lexi were very excited to be reunited!
Greg's grandma made darling, matching Christmas scarves for Lexi and Macie
Grandma and Grandpa are thrilled to have both grand babies around!
Alexis and I have been very happy to find many weekly activities to keep us busy. We meet friends at the library each week. This particular time, Alexis and her friend Lily were matching :)
We are also thrilled to be able to deliver baby boy at the same birth center we had Alexis at. I had to snap a picture of the waiting room because I always feel so relaxed when I go there for appointments.
After a week of being back in Oregon, Greg's side of the family came to our home to celebrate Christmas.
Hanging out with Nana and Papa
Alexis was VERY spoiled by her Nana, Papa, Aunts, and Uncles!
My most memorable gift from our gift exchange. Ben had picked my name and my list that I had given prior to knowing who would be shopping for me had "nursing tops/shirts" along with other things on it. He took it upon himself to make me this incredible nursing shirt! As if that wasn't enough of a gift,  he also included a Starbucks gift card for me.
I had to add this because it's very typical for our home, especially when Greg's brothers are around. Grown men playing video games... But hey, they were having a good time while the girls drank coffee and talked so it was a win win for everyone!
While writing these "recap posts" I can't believe how quickly time has gone by! I mean seriously, February is almost over. How can that be possible? Personally, I'm ready for Spring. More daylight, only one season away from summer, and oh yeah, I'll get to meet a pretty special little guy!

1 comment:

  1. 1. I was thinking the same thing about looking at these pictures and thinking how fast time is going by!
    2. I didn't realize Greg's Grandma made scarves for both Lexi AND Macie!
    3. Love the picture of the girls at the library!

    ReplyDelete