Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall is Here and I'm Feeling Crafty

I know it's been a while since my last blog, but I haven't had a whole lot to write about. I had planned to sit down this weekend and reflect on the past couple of weeks as I blog, but suddenly today I found inspiration! Crafts :)

I have always been a "scrapbooker." I love pictures and enhancing photographs to tell a story in my scrapbooks. Unfortunately, I have been feeling burnt out with scrapbooking lately and discouraged with the fact that so much can be digitally done now; I will probably give in to the digital photo albums in the near future.

Greg and I made a Michael's stop today for me to buy some ribbon and pins to decorate pumpkins.... you heard me correctly. It was my first time decorating pumpkins in this way and here is how they turned out. I'm excited because the colors I chose are all fall like and I think I can get away with leaving them out through Thanksgiving time.


We also made another purchase at Michael's that I hadn't planned on. I bought a Cricut machine. It's essentially a paper cutter with a stencil built in. You can change out different letters, phrases, and shapes and decide on what size you want. As a teacher I am VERY excited to use it, and I'm also excited to get creative in my greeting cards, home decorations, and creative gifts. As soon as I get  a chance to play around with it I will post some pictures on a blog. For now, here is what I'm talking about:
I plan to take it out of the box tomorrow and play around with it all afternoon. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. 
Proverbs 31:30

Blessing: Our house is staying warm enough while we continue to leave our heat off... trying to keep it off until November 1st!

1 comment:

  1. My sister-in-law has the Cricut and she absolutely loves it! You will have a lot of fun with it. Did you know they make a version for cake decorating, too? It cuts fondant into shapes. You can even use your Cricut cartridges!

    ReplyDelete