Sunday, October 24, 2010

Leaving a Legacy

Today in church a girl sang As the Deer during our offering. As I sat in my seat listening to the song I closed my eyes and the familiar song took me back to my grandparents house sitting around their piano. I remember that song being played and sung many times during my childhood. Grandma and Grandpa singing the words as the cousins surrounded the piano. I opened my eyes to tears rolling down my cheeks. I was blessed with such wonderful grandparents on both sides of my family, but this song will forever take me back to the Olaen's house in Springfield, OR. If you've never heard this song, the following link is to a youtube video of the song being played.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZv3jzOTE70&feature=related

After the song was over I got to thinking about what a legacy my grandparents have. They raised their children in a Christian home, instilled wonderful values in them, and had an incredible influence on their children, grandchildren, and great granchildren. I wish that I had a chance to know my grandparents longer while they were on this earth. They had so much wisdom to give and I feel that as an adult I could appreciate that wisdom so much more. I only pray that I would leave such a legacy in the lives of my family and friends. Here are a few photos just for sentimental sake (I don't have many old pics on my computer to share but I was able to find a couple).

Baby Megan with mom Teresa and grandparents Lowell and Nellie    
Some of the blessed cousins at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6


Blessing: Greg and I are feeling more "at home" in our new church family.

1 comment:

  1. i just came across your blog again! THANKS FOR MAKING ME CRY! lol, we are such lightweights ;) beautiful recollection, meggers. can't wait for thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete