Thursday, October 7, 2010

26 Sure Feels a lot Older Than 25

I celebrated my 26th birthday on September 29th. Greg was incredibly sweet and invited some of our friends over to surprise me. What made it even more special was that he stopped at Dairy Queen on his way home from work and bought me an icecream cake! My family has celebrated birthdays for many years with icecream cake and it was very sweet to have my husband remember and continue the tradition.

We were able to see the rest of the fam on the 3rd where we celebrated my birthday at The Roadhouse.
Britt and Kyle just moved to Salem where they will live until March, when they will move to Virginia for Kyle's training in the Marine Corps. Greg and I are looking forward to having them close by for the next 6 months. Always good to have another married couple around for game nights, and even better when they're family :)
So nice to have parents who are (and still want to be) very involved in my life as an adult. It's a good thing they only live a little over an hour away!

After our meal we all went to the AT&T store to upgrade our phones. Not gonna lie, there was a 20 minute time period where I was seriously considering a smartphone. Luckily Britt helped talk me out of it! I stuck to my guns and did NOT get a phone with a data plan. Britt and I both went with the Samsung Mythic. I was frustrated with the touch screen at first, but am getting used to it now. Greg says the phone is "boring" and "there is nothing fun to do" on it, but I can make calls, text, and take great pics; I'm a happy girl!

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

Blessing: Began small group this week with young married women from my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment