Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Baby Shower

Well we are finally slowing down a bit in our summer plans. The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind, but I have my last Master's class of the term tomorrow and can begin thinking about my summer "to do list." Blogging happens to be on my to do list.

The day before we flew out to Hawaii (in a blog to come) I through a baby shower for my brother Tyler and his girlfriend Katrina. They are expecting their baby girl Macie Rae at the end of August. The night before the shower, my sister Brittney flew in from Virginia and we stayed up VERY late that night baking and decorating for the shower.
We had a "Jack and Jill" style shower so that Tyler and his buddies could attend as well.

Tyler picked out their outfits so they would be color coordinated. Guess that's what having two old sisters will do for you!

The banner I made using my Cricut. 

The fam, minus Kyle

This one turned out blurry, but I had to post it. Britt and I were up very late the night before baking cupcakes!

It POURED all morning so Ty put on rain gear to go and put balloons up at the end of the driveway.

Our finished cupcakes :)
The shower was a success and Tyler and Katrina received several much needed items and a ton of diapers! Now we are all counting down the days until we get to meet Macie Rae. My mom and I will be in the delivery room with Tyler and Katrina. I offered to take pictures for them. I think it could go one of two ways: it's an incredible experience and I get super excited to have a baby of my own, OR I get completely grossed out and fearful of the pain and decide having a baby can definitely wait!












1 comment:

  1. Fun! I have never been in the delivery room with someone either. That's probably a good thing since for me there is really no turning back at this point :)

    ReplyDelete