Saturday, November 12, 2011

Born in the Wrong Era?

My cousin Janell is in town visiting from California and I have been wanting to spend a lot of time with her while she's here. Her family went to help friends set up for an estate sale the other night so I tagged along. The woman who lived in the home was somewhat of a hoarder, but she held onto many of her fashionable clothing items from the 50's and 60's. Naturally, my cousins and I took the opportunity to try some things on.

Amanda holding up a cute dress and matching sweater

Mrs. Chase (owner of clothes) was very petite and I had to really suck it in to fit into some of the items!)

Thinking you could find similar things in Anthropology these days? Funny how things come back in style!

Green party dress.... I was tempted to take it, but couldn't think of an occasion to wear it.

She also had some gorgeous hats! They wouldn't fit my fat head though.

Kind of regretting not taking this awesome shirt, even had the extreme pointed collar from the seventies.
 We had so much fun looking around. We were there to "help" but did more playing than helping I think. My cousins were very close to the family and were allowed to pick out some pieces of jewelry. They found some gorgeous broaches as well as necklaces to take. Janell also found a fur collar... she surprisingly pulled it off beautifully. She's convinced she was born in the wrong era. Looking through all the clothes, hats, and gloves felt very MadMen. Makes me second guess getting rid of clothes, but I seriously doubt my style will ever be sought after 50 years later ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. Really fun, I love old dresses! The ones I find rarely fit though, it seems most women were smaller back then.

    ReplyDelete