Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Our Month of June

On June 9th, Alexis and I road tripped it back to Oregon with my inlaws. I worked/coached at basketball camps for two weeks while staying with my family. It was great to earn some money, spend time with my family, and also see Alexis interact with her cousin Macie.
 
I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly Alexis warmed up to her Grandma and Grandpa Teune. After being home with me 24/7 and Daddy in the evenings for a month straight without anyone else interacting with her, I wasn't sure what to expect. By the first of June we were having warm, summer weather in the 80's. We decided to grab some lunch and eat down by the river.
 
The river was still super cold, I don't know how why Greg and Kevin got into the water, but boys will be boys I guess. They ended up dunking each other into the water, but I had a baby in my hands and was unable to capture that particular moment on camera.

Bright and early on Sunday morning, Kevin, Tina, Alexis, and I loaded up the truck and headed back to Oregon. I was so proud of Lex and the great traveler she was. We only made two pit stops and they were just to use the bathroom and for me to nurse. The drive home was so beautiful, Idaho has it's beauty, but no matter where I have lived or visited I always think that Oregon's natural beauty is unbeatable (even if the rain gets me down sometimes...) I was particularly excited to spend time with my niece Macie on this visit. She is 21 months old now and is talkative, curious, and fun. She could say our names very well "Mayden" and "Wexi".
 My first week of camp was exhausting. I wore Alexis in the front pack most of the time while I coached my little campers. Every evening after camp was over I did not want to move or even think. Thank goodness Grandma and Grandpa were around to help me.

 
We were in Oregon for Father's Day and for a special gift for my dad we put Alexis and Macie in their Captain America shirts (my dad's favorite) to take pictures of them to frame. Of course, it didn't work out like we had planned. The second picture is the best we got...
These little girls had so much fun together on our visit. I enjoyed watching them interact and to see Alexis playing and trying to communicate with Macie. What fun it will be once she has a sibling (that is not a subtle way of announcing anything...SOMEDAY, a sibling will be great for her).

1 comment:

  1. What sweet pictures of the girls! I'm sure it was so fun to see them together! As for the Fathers Day picture you tried getting for your Dad, I completely know what you mean! Pictures are always harder, so much work and often don't have the outcome we want with little kiddos!!!

    ReplyDelete