Monday, June 6, 2011

3rd Grade Weather Reports

The last unit we studied in Science in my 3rd grade classroom this year was weather. Instead of giving them an "exam" I had the students create a poster of everything they learned about weather. They could write all the facts they learned, draw a picture, or both. I was impressed when I went through the posters. So here is a little weather report for ya from a group of 3rd graders:

Natalie's interpretation of the water cycle. Notice "prsipatasion" is in fact "precipitation" And the lightening bolts means "danger, get in house."



this says: "A tsunami sometimes could kill people and some tsunamis could be dangerous."





"tornadoes are not so safe that's why you need to prepare for one like if you hear that there's going to be a tornado tomorrow you would have to put boards on the windows."


This little guy Daniel is really low in reading and writing but did a great job illustrating his ideas!



I think they all learned a little something don't you? Guess I'm doing my job right :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks like they retained a lot of information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second to last one there is a tall dark thing and an arrow pointing that says "China"...explain please. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete