Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Dad is a Retired Teacher

After 31 years of service at Colton High School, my dad has decided to retire. Since his first year in the early 80's my dad has taught Health, Social Studies, PE, and Weight Lifting. He has coached football, boys basketball, girls basketball, and cross country. And he has also served as the Athletic Director for several years which he will continue to do next year part time.

My mom planned a retirement party for him at the high school yesterday and it was nice to see students from the past come in and show their appreciation. Made me thankful for the career I've chosen and the opportunity I have to make an impact on childrens' lives.

Colton High School.... such good memories!

one of the cakes

Greg and I with my parents

with Ty and Katrina (Macie is growing quite a bit! Still a few months to go.)

love my dad :)

My Aunt Linda, Uncle Dennis, and cousin Sarah (below) came to celebrate with us.

wished more of the Olaen women were there to be in the pic!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Meg! It's so nice to see pictures and read about these special moments I miss!

    ReplyDelete