Saturday, June 25, 2011

Springfield Update

I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. You would think since I'm on a permanent vacation (unemployed) I would have more time to blog. And I had planned to, but things just haven't worked out that way.

The past few weeks have been difficult to say the least. Greg and I spend about 3 days apart, then a few hours together (when he finally comes home by 11pm to sleep in his own bed then leaves for work by 6:30am the next day), 3 days apart, then a few hours together. The Hilton Garden Inn is officially open for business! They sold out their first two nights, which is unheard of! Today is only their third day open. I guess all of the other hotels are impressed because selling out the first night hasn't ever happened that anyone can remember. Greg is one very proud front office manager :)

While he has been working 15-18 hour days 6 days a week, I have started summer classes for Grad School. Last term was a complete nightmare because I took on the only two research classes in the program at the same time. Greg asked that I not do that ever again, but I survived and passed both classes. This term I am taking two courses (only one left in the fall) and I enjoy both of them very much. I have the same professor for both classes and she is very easy going which will make my school life less stressful this term.

Apartment searching has been more difficult than I had imagined. Looking back I realize that this is my first time doing it. In college my roommates always found the place and I just moved in, and the place Greg and I are in now was once lived in by some friends from WOU and they let us know it was vacant so we moved in. I'm realizing now that when I see a "great deal" on Craigslist there is normally a catch. 1: the picture is not an accurate descriptor of the rental, 2: it's low income housing only, 3: it smells like cigarette smoke, 4: it's so small we will have to find storage for some of our things.

I have been apartment hunting on my own because as I stated before Greg has been working so much he just doesn't have time to come with me. He gave me the green light and told me that whatever I choose is fine. Great right? Funny how I need him with me to make a decision anyway :) Originally we had hoped to be moved down to Springfield by next weekend, but seeing as how we haven't turned in applications anywhere I don't think that will happen. Luckily, I have enough family out there that we should be able to "move" and stay with them until we find a place.

I will take pictures of the new Hilton Garden Inn to post in a later blog. It is decorated so beautifully and modern like. I love it! It's gorgeous. As for now, I have homework and more apartment researching to do. Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that Greg's job is going well! I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to make the apartment decision without him. I hope you find something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hanging out with you tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete