Thursday, October 6, 2011

ANTS!

About a month after Greg and I moved into our new apartment we noticed a few ants in the bathroom. I didn't think much of it, I just squished them and moved on. Then we began noticing a couple in the kitchen. Soon, we both realized killing ants was becoming a daily, if not hourly occurrence. I talked to our manager about it and she gave me two traps (one for bathroom and one for kitchen). Well, soon the ants took over the kitchen so I moved both traps in there. This morning I walk into the bathroom at 5:30am with foggy eyes and saw 54 ants on our bathroom counter (yes I counted because I killed every one!!!)

When I left for work this morning the bathroom and kitchen were ant free. I came home about twenty minutes ago and went straight to the kitchen for a snack when I saw this (insert scary shocking music here):

on top of the kitchen counter

underneath the kitchen sink
And the ridiculous part is that they aren't dead! If they were just chillin, motionless in the traps, that is one thing. They are scrambling inside and out, all over the place! I get that the goal of the trap is for them to eat the poison and take it back to their nest, but I don't think that is working. This has been going on for over two months.

Now, some of you may know that I am a bit of an obsessive cleaner/organizer freak. This is absolutely driving me crazy! We are clean people! We don't leave food out, I wiped down the counter tops, I have put out traps, and the little buggers keep coming back. Anyone had this problem before? And are there any suggestions of what we can do to get rid of these blasted ants?!


5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! I spent a good chunk of time cleaning/killing ants myself today. Maybe it's the time of year. I'm just glad they aren't cockroaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate ants! We had carpenter ants in the walls really bad here. We had to call an exterminator to take care of the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Sara, it could be worse! Kira, I am thankful they are just sugar ants and not big carpenter ants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUCK! It reminds me of that show we watched in Hawaii where the ants took over their house! If it makes you feel better, in our hotel room we have millipedes! They are tiny but still disgusting and we kill over 20 every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh britt I thought of that show too! If ants start showing up inmy water glass I think that will be the last straw! Sorry about the milipedes. At least they aren't cockroaches! or would you rather have roaches?

    ReplyDelete