Saturday, January 21, 2012

Not one of "the four"

I spent Monday - Wednesday out at my parents' house with my cousin. It was a great visit because my mom didn't have to work due to the "snowy" weather. I enjoyed hanging out with the fam and of course getting to be with Macie Rae. Unfortunately, she did not feel the same way. She apparently has four people she is completely herself with: my brother, Katrina, and my parents. Anyone else and she freaks out. How does a four month old already have "favorites"?

My cousin and I teased Tyler and Katrina the whole visit about how Macie hates us. She will be giggling and cheerful, but as soon as she is transferred to me or Janell she gets this upset face and starts bawling! We rock her and bounce her and sooth her, but nothing does the trick. You give her back to any of "the four" and she is fine. And there is always that classic moment where I am holding her with her back to me and she is content for quite a while, but as soon as she turns and makes eye contact with me and realizes I am not one of "the four" she freaks out!

The following were my attempts at getting her to smile for me... and instead I got some other expressions...

"Oh hey...."

"Wait a second... you're not one of the four..."

"Seriously, you're making me nervous... who are you and why are you taking my picture?"

"I'm ready to see one of the four now..."

She doesn't exactly cry and freak out whenever I hold her, but she definitely is not "herself." I think I am okay with her not smiling throughout her photo shoot. The stoic look came off quite nice :) Kinda wish my niece didn't hate me though...

2 comments:

  1. Haha, even though she isn't smiling, she still looks completely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute, even without a smile. Give her a few months and she'll show you how much she loves you!

    ReplyDelete