Saturday, January 7, 2012

Goodwill Finds :)

Greg and I decided to get out of the house for a bit today and try to find an ottoman/coffee table. We had originally been looking for an ottoman, but with how picky I am we couldn't find anything that I liked well enough for the price. We then decided maybe a coffee table was the way to go for now. We had $60 in Walmart gift cards from Christmas (we usually do not shop at Walmart, but figured we would put the money to good use). The "furniture department" was somewhat lacking so we used the gift cards on items for the iPad instead :)

While leaving Walmart we saw a furniture store that was going out of business. We hopped in there for a few minutes and Greg found a pretty nice/functional coffee table, but my picky taste quickly vetoed it. I guess I'm looking for a coffee table that has been repurposed into a coffee table, something that I won't feel bad painting over or sanding down at some point.

After that it was off to Goodwill which was also in the same area as the other two stores. We did not have much luck in the coffee table/ottoman department, but I totally scored in the book section! Being a teacher, children's books always grab my attention and for $0.99 or less I could not pass them up! I limited myself to 10 books, I had 13 but put three back before the purchase. Here were some of my cool finds.

my students have always loved this book. it is a story of all of the typical fairytales, but with a humorous twist.

boys always need their nonfiction shark texts as well as their Captain Underpants comic!

books with great illustrations. verdi is a snake that is afraid to change and become like older snakes, but realizes that change doesn't need to be scary. Little boy is a cute poem.

All books that I remember loving growing up. Why not get them for my own little one someday for only $0.99?!
I also got two other books that had the book sleeve missing with the cover illustration, but the books themselves are in excellent condition. The Mitten and The Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett. I was so excited about my 10 books for $8.92. It was exciting to find ones that I cherished as a child, a student, and a teacher. I will definitely continue my Goodwill book search in the future. There were so many I had to pass up!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Pearl has all three of the books in the bottom photo, but none of the others. We are always on the lookout for more books.

    ReplyDelete