Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

I want to take the time to thank all the service men and and women who have sacrificed their time and their lives for our freedom. I am so grateful to those who have felt the call to service so that I might experience such freedom and peace in my life today. I especially want to thank my brother in law Eric Teune who served in the United States Air Force, my cousin Bryan Adams who served in the United States Marine Corps, my cousin Lars Olaen who serves in Oregon National Guard, and my brother in law Kyle Durant who is currently serving in the United States Marine Corps.

On Saturday, my family came to Springfield so that we could visit the cemetery where many of our relatives were laid to rest and so we could pay special respect to those who served our country.

My Great Uncle Harold aka "Unc" served in WW2

Grandma and Grandpa Olaen (Mom's parents) who taught us so much and instilled the importance of hard work and kindness in our lives. So thankful for the legacy they both left! My Grandpa Lowell Olaen served in WW2 and Korea.

Macie is their 12th Great Grandchild

Grandma and Grandpa Adams (Dad's parents). I was nearly three when my Grandma died, but people who knew her still talk about her kind and generous spirit. Grandpa was always keeping us on our toes and making us laugh!  


Macie is their first Great Grandchild

It was soooo good to see them all. Wish they could have stayed longer though :(

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful you all could go. Wish I could have been there. The pictures with Macie and her great grandparents are adorable. I also love her face in the last family picture haha :)

    ReplyDelete