Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wedding Season

Yesterday wedding season officially began for Greg and I. It was the first of six, yes SIX weddings that we are attending between now and September. We have decided to embrace it and treat the weddings like dates since we will only be just the two of us for five more months. Our first wedding yesterday was for a dear friend of mine that I taught with for three years. It was so wonderful to see all of my old colleagues from Henry Hill. We truly were a family and a tiny piece of me has been missing since I've been gone.

 The beautiful bride Karen with her parents. This was the first Catholic and bilingual ceremony I had been to. It was so cool to see two families and cultures coming together.
 The Henry Hill group! I miss them all so much!
 Erica (my zumba and running buddy). She asked me constantly "are you pregnant yet?" while I worked at HHES and now we are both expecting. She is having her third boy in August, and I was told at the wedding that the staff is throwing us a joint baby shower at the end of the month. I almost cried, they really are like family and knowing that they want to celebrate with me in this special time made my heart smile.
 With the gorgeous bride. She and her new hubby have a house in Eugene so I'm hoping to spend more time with her this summer :)
The love of my life :)

PS: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOMS OUT THERE! Can't believe Mother's Day next year I will be able to hold our little one in my arms.

1 comment: