Sunday, October 21, 2012

Not a Big Fan of Pumpkins

I had grand plans of taking Alexis to a pumpkin patch before Halloween, but now that she is here I have no desire to take that type of an outing with a 2 week old. Instead, my cousin and his wife invited us over to their house to carve pumpkins the other night. They purchased a pumpkin large enough for us to put Alexis inside...

Yeah... she didn't like being inside the pumpkin so much. Not the adorable "Anne Geddes-like" picture  I had imagined, but the crying uncontrollably look will make for some good memories :)

Don't you just love fall?
Greg carving our pumpkin
Mara carving her pumpkin
 Mara is my cousin's step daughter and she is seven years old. She goes to school down the street from where we live and I watch her after school four days a week. She is a sweet girl and is getting more comfortable having Alexis around. I think she'll end up being a great help to me!


 I had to get in on the pumpkin gutting action, even though it was tempting just to hold onto our sweet girl most of the evening.



Daddy, daughter, and their pumpkin


No comments:

Post a Comment