Thursday, October 11, 2012

Alexis Shyanne Teune

Our little girl has arrived! Alexis Shyanne Teune was born on Monday, October 8th at 9:52pm. She weighed 7lbs 4oz and was 19inches long. I began having slight contractions at 2am Monday morning. By 8am Greg and I called our parents to let them know it was the "real deal." My parents and Greg's mom arrived around noon and we all hung out our parents hung out, while I labored and Greg helped me get through each contraction. He was the most amazing support through it all.

Around 3pm my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart which is when our midwife recommended we come to the birth center. Once we got to the birth center, I labored until around 6pm when our midwife suggested we start trying to push. I pushed for over 3 hours and honestly did not think I had anything left when she finally made her debut.

Some of our amazing family who came to support us. Dad, Aunt Linda, Mom, Mona , and my cousin Amanda
My incredible husband looking at his little girl
I was in shock that she had hair! Babies in my family are notorious for being baldies until after they turn one. She has her daddy to thank for her dark hair that we assume will turn blond soon like his did.
Precious little girl
Grandma and Grandpa Adams checking out their new granddaughter


Alexis with her Nana
So happy with her daddy

Getting ready to go home
Ready for the car ride
She has only been a part of our lives for less than 72 hours, but has already captured everyone's hearts. I will be posting another blog soon with more details on our natural birth experience at the birth center, but wanted to quickly give an update with pictures for friends and family to see. Time for me to get some shut eye before her next feeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment