Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas in Tillamook

This is my final Christmas post (I promise). Alexis was one lucky baby to have so many Christmases and to see so much family this holiday season. We spent last Saturday in Tillamook with my mother in law Mona and more family.

At our Christmas Eve gift exchange Greg was giving Ben a hard time and put him in charge of being "game commissioner" for the exchange which included Greg heckling him the entire evening. Ben was a good sport about it, but once we got together again in Tillamook, Ben had his revenge.

Two pins officially labeling Greg as "game commissioner" were on the tree when we arrived. And being the funny guy that he is, Greg embraced the title he was given.
He wore his stepsister Megan's homecoming tiara and used his peanut butter cup candy cane as a staff.
The guys hung out and played cribbage for a while before opening presents and watching the Beaver game. Unfortunately, I spent much of my time trying to console an inconsolable baby.
This picture pretty much sums up her attitude most of the day there. I keep telling myself that next Christmas will be so much better for her. She did seem to like her gifts though. She got a cute Hello Kitty from her Auntie Meg and a darling bunny that her Nana recorder a message in for her.

On another note, I am so frustrated that I didn't get myself in hardly any pictures over Christmas. I was so overwhelmed taking care of Alexis and capturing her moments that I didn't get in any pictures. To all you moms out there, any suggestions of how to make sure you get in pics? My hubby doesn't think to offer to take pictures (it just isn't his thing) do you have to tell your husband "take this picture of me with our child" or what?


5 comments:

  1. I know I'm not a mom BUT I'm a Project Lifer...I want to embrace EVERYDAY living, so I've learned to just ask Kyle to take pictures of me. He won't do it if I don't ask him to, not that he doesn't want to, he just won't think of it. Like us Meg, we will just snap, snap, snap and keeping snapping moments so we are bound to get a good shot. Our husbands don't realize that. So just TELL Greg, "take a picture of me and Lex" or "take a picture of me". Also, I have started using the timer on my camera for when I'm cooking or scrapbooking. A lot of moms who do Project Life will set their timer or they have a remote to take pictures when they are playing on the carpet with their kids, laying in bed, playing with toys, cleaning up, etc. Kyle is starting to get the hang of it now that I tell him to just snap pictures of me even if I'm not looking because sometimes those everyday action shots are more important to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll often just ask Clint to take a picture of me & W, N and C! He always does it as soon as I ask, he just often doesn't think about it on his own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips Britt and Marilyn! I will have to start using the self timer when Lex and I are at home on our own. And Britt, I asked Greg to take pictures of Alexis and I in front of the tree in our Christmas pajamas and I felt like such a nag after every picture saying, "Can you zoom in more next time... Can you shoot it at a different angle... Can you try to get just us and the tree and not random things in the background?" I guess if I try to be more specific with my instructions he will be able to capture moments for me a bit better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say props to you for blogging about your Christmas! :) I haven't even done that yet! Sounds like you guys had a fun busy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete