Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Catching the Blogging Bug

I haven't quite "caught the blogging bug." When I started my blog I had every intention of writing a weekly post of wisdom and encouragement that would "oooh" and "aaaah" people I know. It didn't take long to realize that I'm not that wise and my life isn't all that exciting! I've come to the conclusion that I am thinking about it way too much and making it out to be more than it's intended to be.

As a teacher, I have Spring Break off of work. Tomorrow is my last day with students for the week, Thursday and Friday are Parent Teacher Conferences, and then I have a week vacation. What better time than now to start blogging?! My goal is to blog every other day if not every day; even if it's a short little statement about something I learned, observed, or found funny. I'm hoping this "fake it til you make it" mentality will provide me the motivation that I need :)

Here is my thought for today's blog, other than motivating myself to start blogging:
I received the letter today at work informing me that as of June 15th I am no longer an employee in Central School District... Happy Spring Break to me! Sarcasm definitely intended. I am, however feeling blessed that God has helped me emotionally this time around in my unemployment and prepared me for what is to come in my future as a teacher. I know He will provide me with direction and guidance in the coming months and am excited to see what He has in store for me.

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, how long do you need to teach there before you stop getting a letter every year? It worked out for you guys last time and I'm sure it will again! I will be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to wanting to blog and then not knowing what to blog. And putting way to much thought into it! Then I realized I want to blog for my memory, regardless of who reads it. So I have started to look at my blog as my scrapbook (since I don't do much of that any more). Its fun to look back at old posts! Hope maybe that helps with your "blogging block" :) I look forward to reading what you post next week!

    I am sorry to hear about the letter you got today :( But I too am excited to see what God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara the whole "scrapbooking" take on blogging is great motivation! You're absolutely right. And I used to be a big journaler back in the day and it was fun to go back and read old entries. I'm sure it's the same way with blogging.

    ReplyDelete