Friday, December 23, 2011

My California Adventure

I realize it seems crazy that I am blogging the day before Christmas Eve. Especially since Greg and I have a family get together in Portland tonight and I haven't even packed. I figure I am going to be so busy the next few days that by the time I have a chance to blog I will have SO much to write about I may as well write an update before more blog worthy things happen.

On December 13th my cousin Amanda and I flew to southern California to spend the week with my cousin Janell who would then be moving back to Oregon a few days later. We had offered to help her pack and be road trip buddies on the long drive home, as long as we got to go to Disneyland. It was a fantastic trip and it was great to be able to relax, and also enjoy the near 70 degree weather!

on the tram heading to the park!
I had never been to Disney over Christmastime, but it is beautifully decorated

The Haunted Mansion was in the theme of The Nightmare Before Christmas. Even the entire ride was changed inside. We had to ride it twice to take in the whole thing :)

I loved the fun Christmas decor throughout the park

What is it about a castle that makes me feel like a five year old little girl?

with Janell in front of the castle

I was a nerd and wanted to document all the "Christmasy" things. Thanks for posing with me Amanda!

Thunder Mountain
Okay, so Amanda and I seriously debated on going on Splash Mountain. It was only 66 degrees out and we knew would be at the park for 9 more hours at that point, possibly soaking wet... but we couldn't resist! Naturally we were sat in the very front of the ride, and we did get SOAKED. But it was worth it!

They had a cute Christmas parade that night.




Don't worry, we know the guy in the back HA! We didn't know he was creeping in our pic at the time though.

Waiting for the fireworks
I tried to capture the fake snow... even though I am an Oregonian and have experienced real snow, this was kinda magical :)

Probably the best firework show I have ever seen.
in front of It's a Small World

this ride was also changed for Christmas

the song throughout the ride was a medley of It's a Small World and We Wish You a Merry Christmas


The last time I had been to Disney with my cousins was twenty years ago. We had such a good time together!


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. It's pretty fun to go around Halloween, too. The Christmas decorations look so fun!

    ReplyDelete