Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!

I turned 28 years old yesterday and had a wonderful, relaxing day, followed by the first good night of rest that I have had in some time! 

Dinner at the Coburg Pizza Company with Greg, my Aunt Linda and Uncle Dennis, cousins Janell, Amanda, and Sarah, and my Uncle Greg. 
Frozen yogurt was a must for dessert at Yo My My
My cousin Sarah drove up from Portland to spend the night and attended church with us this morning before leaving.

The only thing that could have made my day even better was having my immediate family here to celebrate. They have all been in Hawaii for what seems like a lifetime visiting my sister and I have not seen them since they got back. They had plans to come down for my birthday but my mom ended up missing her flight (how convenient huh? Stuck in paradise for a few more days!) They plan to visit sometime this week though and I'm looking forward to that. 

Some other perks on my birthday: 
1) I finally upgraded to the smartphone world! Greg got me an iPhone 4s and I have been having a lot of fun with it. I was able to FaceTime with my mom, Britt, and Kyle on my birthday. I also uploaded all of these photos from my phone. However, I still feel like a dummy when it comes to other parts of the technology. 
2) We had our midwife appointment on Friday and we are 1cm dilated and 30% effaced. I know that this could mean nothing and I may make no progress between now and our next appointment, but it was fun to hear that Alexis is at least getting prepared :)

I find myself less anxious for her arrival than I was a week ago. I think seeing milestones come and go that I knew would take place late during my pregnancy is surprisingly calming for me. Luckily I still have odds and ends like cleaning out my car, deep cleaning the house, and a few little projects to keep me busy this week. Before we know it, our due date will be here and maybe Alexis will be too!


1 comment:

  1. In glad you had a great birthday, can't wait to meet your little girl!

    ReplyDelete