Monday, December 17, 2012

12-12-12

Greg celebrated his 28th birthday this year on 12-12-12. Since his birthday last year we knew we had to organize an actual birthday party for him and go all out. Well, we hadn't realized that his birthday would fall on a Wednesday, but that's alright. On his actual birthday my Aunt and Uncle wanted to treat him to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. A couple hours before his birthday dinner I received a text message from some of our good friends Dusty, Eddy, and Melissa, saying that they were going to drive out from Dallas to see Greg on his birthday. They joined us for dinner, and even though it was a quick visit it was so nice to see them!

I didn't realize how much I missed these three crazy guys when they're together
Best picture I could get of Dusty, Eddy, and Greg
With Melis
Alexis pretty much cried the entire time we were at the restaurant, but once we made her sit down with us for a picture she completely lost it!

On Saturday, December 15th we truly celebrated Greg's birthday. We started out with dinner at North Dallas Bar and Grill where he used to work a few years ago.


Blowing out his candles on the German Chocolate cake my mom baked for him
Our friends Jeremy, Kira, and their daughter Pearl came to dinner
Our friends Matt and Alaina and Greg's brother Brandon also made it
My mother in law Mona and her husband Doug
Greg's younger brother Eric and our sister in law Nikki
My Uncle Dennis and Aunt Linda were driving through on their way home to Springfield so they stopped by for a bit as well
My father in law Kevin and his wife Tina got their grandparent time in
And my adorable parents drove all the way down to celebrate with us too
Once we got home after dinner people literally partied ALL night long. I put on Christmas movies in the living room and enjoyed hot chocolate with the ladies at the party while the guys hung out in the garage playing beer pong. Alexis and I finally headed upstairs at 2:30am. I was nervous that it would throw her off sleeping downstairs in people's arms for half the night before going to bed, but she did just fine.... she slept in our bed still, but she did fine. Greg said some people went home around 4am, he went to bed at 5am, and a couple others finally crashed at 6am. I am glad Greg had fun and enjoyed himself, but I don't know that I have many nights like that left in me! Especially when I have to care for a 2 month old. I'm sure his response to that would be, "Well, good thing Alexis will be over a year old for my birthday party next year!"

3 comments:

  1. Wish we could have been there?! And...is dad growing a beard?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, shirtless Pearl. I'm so glad Greg had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES Britt! He has more facial hair than I have seen in a VERY long time!

    ReplyDelete