Sunday, December 2, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa to the Rescue


Well, my colicky baby is getting the best of me. By last Tuesday I realized I was beaten and needed help. My dad was AMAZING and drove all the way to Springfield on Tuesday afternoon to pick me and Alexis up to drive us to Colton and stay with my family for the week. Tuesday through Saturday I had help from Alexis' grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, and cousin. It was wonderful to have help holding her, rocking her, and bouncing her (anything to help with the colic) but we were both very happy to be home with Daddy last night.

Here is a look at how our week was spent:

My parents both coach basketball so they were busy in the late afternoons and evenings, but were still a huge help with Alexis!

Somehow I got left watching Macie the first night I was there. Thank goodness she was good and Alexis slept most of the time. Macie LOVES watching videos of herself so I decided to record the little gem below to distract her.


 
Macie and Alexis had a lot of fun cousin time while we were there
Macie LOVED giving Alexis kisses...
 
Tyler and Katrina were very helpful while I was there too. They did a lot of baby holding and rocking. Tyler had "the touch" with Lex a few times and Katrina managed to get her to sleep and even get a nap in herself.
Alexis and I went to watch a couple of my mom's high school girls basketball games. Lex got to see the gym where I played high school volleyball and basketball. Many hours of my life were spent in that gym. I remember dad giving me the keys to the gym so I could shoot around while he worked on lesson plans in his classroom. Go Vikings!
The day we left I tried to get some some posed cousin pictures... it worked out super well... I'm sure it will only get more and more difficult to get them to sit still and smile for pictures.

It was so much fun watching Macie interact with Alexis. I can't wait to see them grow up together. I will leave you with a short video of Alexis from this week.



1 comment:

  1. I seriously LOVE how Macie kisses her directly on the mouth :)

    ReplyDelete