Monday, April 18, 2011

Busy in the Kitchen

I had a furlough day on Friday and took advantage of my long weekend by burrying myself in homework. I am currently taking two grad courses that are both on research writing. I could go on and on about that, but I will save that fun topic for another blog entry.

As frustration built during my research over the weekend I decided to use my time in other ways. Greg had requested Sourcream Enchiladas for dinner. It is an incredibly easy recipe. All you need is a can of cream of chicken, refried beans, cheese, tortillas, and sour cream. If you want the recipe just ask and I will send it your way :)


On Sunday I decided to do some baking. My mom's side of the family is from Norway and my Grandma used to bake delicious Norwegian pastries/cookies called Kringles. All of us cousins tease that Grandma must have snuck a secret ingredient in all those years that we never knew about because our Kringles never turn out as good as her's. When they get close, it's very exciting. I got pretty close this weekend :)

fresh out of the oven

about to be baked
I think I'll bring Kringles to Small Group tomorrow night to share with the ladies.

1 comment:

  1. yummy! the kringles look SOOOOO good! tell me what the secret ingredient is...;)

    ReplyDelete