Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Many Roles of a Teacher

So far this week I have played several roles at my job that can be classified as something other than "teacher."

Mother: wiping tears and leading kiddos in apologies and forgiveness.
Doctor: removing part of an eraser from a child's eye... there's a first for everything.
Janitor: cleaning up vomit.
Actress: playing the role of a British woman in a book that we're reading.
Dancer: leading Zumba in front of the whole school during Morning Motion.
Singer: singing "Don't Worry Be Happy" when my kids were disappointed.
3rd Grader: Imitating the whining voice that they use. They know they're too mature for that and that they will have to hear Mrs. Teune whine if they do.

I probably played several other roles this week but these were a few of the highlights.

2 comments:

  1. Megan, you are a great teacher! Those kids are so lucky to have you! I hope Blake has a teacher like you someday. Thank you for what you do for those kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sara! It's always confirming to hear comments like that :) And even though some of it is exhausting, those kids are my life and I love it all!

    ReplyDelete