Sunday, April 10, 2011

Half Marathon Complete!

After training since January, race day finally came! It was a bit cold, but the rain held off which was awesome! I ran a 1:51 which is 17 minutes faster than my previous half marathon time. I was thrilled! There were 1700 runners in the race and I completely missed the first two mile markers because there were so many people around me. By the time I hit mile marker 3 my time was 24 minutes... I was running an 8 minute pace instead of the 9 minute pace I planned on. It all worked out fine though and I survived :)


My colleague Erica and I wore our Monmouth Fitness Team shirts to work on Friday.

Pre race smiles!

I am about to cross the finish line!

Greg surprised me with flowers :)

I finished!

Post race smiles!

The race was a success, but I don't know that I have the desire to run another half marathon... at least in the near future ;)

2 comments: