Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hubby got a promotion!

Greg has been working for the Hilton Garden Inn in Corvallis for just over a year now. He started out helping with managing the front desk. From there he was promoted to working in the accounting department.

With the school budget crisis, Greg and I had been praying that we would hear good news about a job opportunity for me next year. The good news for me did not come, but the Lord provided in other ways. Greg just accepted a job offer at the Hilton Garden Inn in Springfield, OR. He will be the Front Office Manager and also Accounts Receivable Clerk. This comes with a significant raise as he moves from hourly to salary on the pay scale. God is good! I couldn't help but smile when I realized that this was undoubtedly planned out by the Lord.

I have aunts, uncles, and cousins who live in Springfield. In fact, we spent every Christmas and Thanksgiving out there (as well as non holiday trips). I know the area well, and have family support in the transition as we move. Greg will report to work out there June 1st. My temporary teaching position will end June 15th. We plan on moving at the beginning of July. Also, I will have completed all of my Master's courses through WOU by the end of the summer.  The timing of everything couldn't be better.

So even though I have felt a little anxious about a new start and stepping out of my comfort zone, I remember God's plan and everything He has provided. I know He will take care of me :) And, it is entertaining that Greg will be living right next door to Oregon Duck Country!

Stay tuned for updates on our move and new adventure! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Greg! I'm so happy for you guys although I really wish the job was in Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you guys! God is good! Let me know when you need help packing/moving!

    ReplyDelete