Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Adventures With The Hunts

My parents both grew up in the Springfield area and I still have extended family who live here. I am probably the closest with my Aunt Linda and Uncle Dennis. I have great memories of their kids (my cousins) Chris, Janell, and Amanda and we are still very close.

Now living in Springfield myself, my Aunt Linda and Amanda have invited me to go on lots of outings with them and now that Janell is visiting from Southern California we've been hanging out a lot together.

I visited an assisted living home the other day with them to spend time with a 90 year old woman who knew my grandparents and my mother. She was so excited to have visitors and it was fun to hear her talk about "the good ole days." She was very honest and quite frank about her aging and how she just wants to be home (Heaven). I can't imagine what it would be like to not feel at home in my body anymore and to be frustrated with my mind forgetting things and my body not working the way I would like it to. I hope to continue to visit her every week or so with my aunt.

Me, Mrs. Mason, Janell, and Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment