Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Aquila and Priscilla's

My cousin Janell is visiting from California for a couple of weeks. She is staying with her family who also live in Springfield. It has been fun having her here, especially because she can let me know about some fun finds in the area. Yesterday we went to eat at a little eatery and coffee bar (they also serve beer and wine) called Aquila and Prisilla's.

It's located in a little shopping promenade, but once you walk inside the ambiance is very intimate

There is a fire place under the mantle and big comfy chairs around... people were sitting and enjoying their lunch so I didn't want to take pictures of them.

They have an additional "meeting room" if you need to reserve a space for a large group.

I ordered the grilled chicken caesar panini on focaccia bread. Delicious!
We also tried a Hawaiian restaurant on Sunday after church. It was called the Kona Cafe. It reminded me a lot of Local Boyz in Corvallis. I hope to try out a few more local restaurants while Janell is here to show me around.

2 comments:

  1. Was the Kona Cafe as good as Local Boyz? If so, I bet the odds of Jeremy finding open time to come visit have just increased! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was pretty good... but no, it was not as good as Local Boyz :( But you two still need to come visit!

    ReplyDelete