Friday, August 12, 2011

HGI Ribbon Cutting

The Hilton Garden Inn Ribbon Cutting was yesterday. My cousin Janell came with me to support Greg and the hotel. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but it was a fun way to spend an hour of the afternoon. The mayor of Springfield and the mayor of Eugene both spoke briefly as well as the "big wigs" of Hilton Garden Inn and The Hotel Group. Is it sad that the highlight for me was all the delicious fresh fruit and brownies that were served after?
Greg, GM Josh, Mayor of Eugene

cutting the ribbon

Front Office Manager Greg Teune
Janell wanted a tour of the hotel, so Greg showed us around. We passed a man in the hallway and he asked Greg "Do you do standup?" Greg replied, "I'm sorry?" The man explained, "Stand up comedy. You're really funny!" We all cracked up (I may be bias, but I think my husband has a very quick wit and excellent sense of humor). Greg explained that the man was the photographer for the ribbon cutting ceremony. He thinks the man must have overheard him talking to his staff that afternoon.

Earlier that day Greg was pretty upset that he didn't get to cut the ribbon so he told his staff that there would be an additional ribbon cutting later on. However, since he did not have permission it would be off of hotel property, he'd use safety scissors and scotch tape, and there would be no photographers, music, or food and beverages. I don't think anyone showed up.

1 comment:

  1. Greg looks so official all dressed up. Also, I agree, he is definitely hilarious.

    ReplyDelete