Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Day in Portland

Greg and I drove out to Portland yesterday for a wedding. Once we left the reception we realized how many of our Portland friends we wanted to visit. We decided to go and spend some time with Greg's family in Sandy because we hadn't seen them in a while, but both agreed that we need to dedicate a weekend as "Portland Weekend" so that we can visit many of our friends that we haven't seen in a while.

The wedding was at First Presbyterian on Alder St. It was a beautiful old church with a monstrous organ inside, beautiful stain glass windows, and courtyard in the back.

they had a fun little candy table at the reception

beautiful church in the background

Mother and Father of the Bride and my parents (life long friends from college)

Like I mentioned, after the wedding we went to Sandy to see Greg's family. His dad and brother Brandon were building a lean to/place to park the boat and truck. Greg hopped in and got right to work. I watched and made fun of the Teune men :) My father in law joked at one point, "Yeah, you won't think it's so funny when we're building your house." He's absolutely right! I can't wait until the day when Greg gets his family to help us build a house (probably many years down the road). It was nice watching them work, they have such expertise with that sort of thing, I am clueless when it comes to building things.

A few of the Teune men 

making sure everything is level

Getting another hole started

Chloe kept me company while the guys worked

My father in law recently landed the tops of these trees and then decided to make himself a hang out spot 



1 comment:

  1. I agree, you guys do need a Portland weekend! Also, Greg's dad's hang out spot cracks me up. It's just such a Teune thing to do.

    ReplyDelete