Monday, August 6, 2012

Family Reunion


Knowing that I would be in my third trimester of pregnancy during the end of summer hadn't fazed me much... until this past scorching hot weekend! Of course, on the hottest weekend of the summer we had a family reunion (somewhat outdoor) and an outdoor wedding to attend.

On Saturday we made our way to Tigard to spend time with my extended family on my mom's side. My cousin Susan and her family have served as missionaries in Africa for many years and we hadn't seen them in two years since their last visit.
Susan, Matthew, Eric, baby Elisabeth, Rebecca, and Anna
My cousin Karen and her family were also visiting from California, as well as my cousin Marilyn and family from Oklahoma, and my cousin Emily and her new fiance Ben from Oklahoma. That's only listing out of state family. All of us Oregon relatives were there as well and it was a great time. I am very disappointed that I did not take more pictures during the family get together, but the heat was bothering me and I was trying to get in small visits with all the family while we were there.
Macie meeting one of her African cousins, Elisabeth.
Macie sharing her snacks.
My mom pointed out that their age difference will be the difference between Macie and Alexis. So excited for my little girl to have a cousin close in age to play with!
With a couple of the cousins, Emily (the bride to be) and Sarah
Hanging out with Dad and Macie
By the time we got back to my parents' house I so wanted to jump into a pool to cool off from the warm day. I had to settle for soaking my feet in Macie's pool. Is this not the cutest wedgie you have ever seen?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so bummed we missed out on the reunion! But it looks like it was great to see everyone!

    And I just about died when I saw that wedgie picture of Macie! :)

    ReplyDelete