Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Baby Showers

It's hard to believe that Alexis is expected to make her arrival in only six weeks! The past two weekends I was blessed beyond blessed by family and friends who showered us with love and gifts for our little girl.

Two weekends ago my mother in law Mona hosted a shower at my parents' house. Warning: this post is going to be a bit picture heavy.

Wearing my clothespin, which I didn't keep long because I said the word "baby"
Can't believe we are so close to meeting her!
Most of the guests were Greg's family, but the ladies sitting nearest to me have known me most of my life.
Alexis' Great Grandma Donna, Grandma Tina, Aunt Jaime, and Great Grandma Betty
This is the only picture I got of Greg's mom, I was a little preoccupied. From left: Great Aunt Barb, Grandma Mona, Grandpa Adams, and my sister Brittney's mother in law Rhonda (I thought it was so nice that she came!)
Grandma Adams with cousin Macie
A darling fruit plate that Alexis' Great Aunt Patti made
Had to post some of the darling gifts
A photography book that my sister got for me. She later surprised me with a Project Life package.  Project Life is basically a new/easier way to scrapbook. I have yet to start it, but my sister has loved it and I can't wait to document our daughter's life through Project Life.
Macie really enjoyed herself at the shower. She is going to be  such a fun cousin for Alexis to have around.
 This past weekend my cousins Evelyn, Sarah, and Janell hosted a baby shower for Alexis and me.

My bff Erin from college and her mom MaryAnn were able to make it. Her mom was with us when I picked out my wedding dress so it was only fitting that she be a part of this milestone as well.
With some friends that I gained through marriage. Glad Greg had such good taste in friends while at OSU because now I have Kira and Sara in my life! Sara is expecting a little girl three weeks before our due date.
My new sister in law and Alexis' Aunt Nikki
For some reason my mom's camera was acting up and blurry, but I edited the photos as best I could. They were still too special not to share. My Aunt Linda in this picture lives just down the street from Greg and me and she and my uncle are our new landlords. So thankful for her!
Looking forward to Mom and Macie being a part of Alexis'  life.
Katrina (Macie's mom) made me this diaper cake. Didn't she  do a great job? 
With four of my ten cousins. So thankful for these incredible women and the close relationship that we  have. 
Family who came to my shower 
Macie did so well at the shower and even entertained us for a while.
Daddy Ty with Macie
My brother Tyler was at both of my showers which was so special because it wasn't a Jack and Jill invite. I didn't think he would want to go, but he did. It meant a lot since Britt could not be here for my showers. At the first shower he wrote parenting advice for Greg and me. He told us to be patient with Alexis and to know that we have a lot of people in our lives who love us and will help out any way that they can. At the end he added a message for Greg, "massages help keep the women calm!" ha ha ha. At the second shower he wrote a very heartfelt message in a card for me. It was so sweet that I cried. He shared a list of qualities that I have that will make me a wonderful mother. And he said that he knows I will be a great mom because I am so much like our mom. Aaaah! That card will be kept and treasured forever.

 Now that the showers are over I can begin organizing and getting her room ready. Hoping to also get the house decorated and in order as well. I keep putting those things on the back burner since we moved in. Stay tuned for pics of our new place!







1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing all the pictures. You are already being such a great mom as you prepare to welcome your daughter. I'm eager to meet her!

    ReplyDelete