Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend Recap

I think Greg and I have had something going on every single weekend of August. While it has been an incredibly busy month, it has been fun to see family and friends and appreciate the ease in which we can pick up and go places as a couple before our little girl comes into our lives.

Greg working at the Hilton Garden Inn does come with some perks at times. We receive free tickets to many events such as Cirque Du Soleil which we went to to in the fall and the Track and Field Olympic Trials just a couple of months ago. On Friday we got free admission to the Lane County fair after we volunteered with other HGI employees at the BINGO tent. I didn't realize this, but each year SUB (Springfield Utility Board) uses the BINGO proceeds to set up a fund for low income families in the winter to provide them heat in their homes. What an excellent cause to volunteer for and reason to play some BINGO!
When we got to the tent, Greg's employees insisted he step in to call the numbers for BINGO
He wasn't thrilled about this task, but he did a great job and even fit some BINGO jokes in there:)
Afterwards we ate some incredibly disgusting, yet delicious fair food and walked around for a bit. I myself have never been much of a fan of fairs, but Greg really enjoys them. Unfortunately his wife is so cheap that she wouldn't allow him to spend money on tickets to play any games :( Poor guy.

On Saturday, our little girl was celebrated at a baby shower hosted by my mother in law at my parents' house. I did not take any pictures at the event, but will get some of the pictures others took to share in a later post.

Finally on Sunday, we attended the Willamette Country Music Festival in Brownsville (again free admission through HGI).
A country music festival isn't complete without a monster truck
Of course we get there and it seems like it got 15 degrees warmer than when we left home. We didn't bring sunscreen, thank goodness for the First Aid tent! No sunburns for us :) 
The Band Perry was the reason I wanted to come to this day of the festival. They were excellent and I enjoyed their performance a lot. They sounded decent live as well, which is saying something these days. 
Our seats weren't too bad, and we had a good enough view of the big screen .
Trace Atkins was the closing act. I know his music, but he isn't one of my favorites. We hung out for a few of his songs and then left early to try and beat the traffic.
Even though I am ready for fall weather, I will miss mild temp summer evenings.
Hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment: